Select your alfa romeo model
Select your alfa romeo year
alfa romeo paint code
Find out how to order Alfa Paints and Alfa colors
Restore your Alfa Romeo Guila or your Mito with our Alfa Romeo Mito touch up paint kits for an outstanding finish.
Complete your Alfa Romeo repairs using our industry-leading dealer touch up paint.
Using the information in our guide, even car enthusiasts with no alfa Romeo repair experience can smooth out Romeo chips or scratches on any mode, including the 4C and 8C. Don’t be put off by the Alfa Romeo Giulia touch up paint process; our professional-grade products provide a flawless factory finish and take the stress out of the procedure.
We have OEM touch up quality paint for all Alfa Romeo colors, so whether you need Alfa Romeo 4c touch up paint, require GTA color codes, or are repairing your Giulietta, we have you covered.
Quality is the cornerstone of our operations at ERA Paints. Our Alfa Romeo Alfa Romeo kit car products alongside our guides will help you restore your vehicle to its original factory finish.
Below are the questions we’re asked most. If you need some extra information, we have a FAQ section on our site, as well as a variety of videos that walk you through the stages of the process.
- How to find your Alfa Romeo paintcode?
- How to complete your Alfa Romeorepairs?
- What Alfa Romeo touch up paint products are the best?
- What supplies do you need for Alfa Romeo touch up paint?
- Should I fix the scratch on my Alfa Romeo immediately?
- The two-step paint system and the single-stage process
Alternatively, you could give our amazing staff a call, and they can lend a hand. They are available from 8:00 am till 2:00 pm Monday through Saturday at 971-770-2372. Or feel free to send us an email anytime at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com.
How to find your Alfa Romeo paint code?
Like other manufacturers, Alfa Romeo keeps their paint code on the manufacturer’s tag. Depending on whether you own a GTA, an 8c, or a Guila, the exact location of the label will vary. To locate it:
- Walk to the trunk
- Open it
- Check the trunk lid
- Check inside the trunk
- Look on the wheel housing
The tag will usually be silver, black, or white, so keep an eye out. Alfa Romeo codes contain both letters and numbers, and they usually are three or four characters long.
Example code: 756
The code above represents 756 Misano Blue Metallic and can be seen on a new 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia. Other popular colors are 217 Brilliant White, 289 Rosso Alfa and 727 Silver Metallic touch up paint. Alfa Romeo has added a “Paint” heading on the tag to make the code easier to find. If you are having trouble locating the code:
If your Alfa Romeo paint code is not in the location above, don’t worry, there are some options available to you.
- Enter the model and year of your Alfa Romeo into our Alfa Romeo colors tool. From here, we can help you get the perfect Alfa Romeo touch up paint.
- Speak to your Alfa Romeo car dealer and give them your VIN. They can check their records.
- Give us a call, and our customer service experts can guide you to a solution regardless of whether you have an Alfa Romeo 8c MSRP or need touch up paint for a 2017 Alfa Romeo.
Once you have the Alfa Romeo paint code, use our online search tool to order the Alfa Romeo touch up paint that matches. All of our products are shipped with free delivery. So, you can get on with your Alfa Romeo repairs as soon as possible.
How to complete your Alfa Romeo repairs?
The touch-up paint process is broken down into two main stages, preparation and application. Whether you’re repairing your Giulietta or a Giulia, the instructions remain relatively similar but make sure to check the instructions that come with your paint product. We also recommend testing the product for color match and application process before, so that you start to get the hang of it.
Optimum painting weather is a day that is over 70 degrees but not too sunny. Avoid doing it in direct sunlight as it may dry unevenly. Below you’ll find a brief overview of the process;
- Clean your Alfa Romeo and remove debris from the scrape
- Use sandpaper to even out the scratch
- Use a wax and grease remover to get rid of anything left over from sanding
- Clean the scratch area with the grease remover
- Tape an area about 10 inches wide around the scratch to prepare for painting
- The first step of painting is to apply the primer. Do this in several layers and wait ten minutes between each coat. Wait 30 minutes to an hour before proceeding.
- Next, apply the Alfa Romeo touch up paint in several thin layers. Wait for five or ten minutes between each coat. After, wait 30 minutes to an hour before proceeding.
- The clear coat will seal off the work you’ve done. It will keep the paint underneath protected and make the color shine. Again, apply in several layers.
- Wait 24 hours.
We have a variety of videos on our YouTube page that outline this process in a lot of detail. If you are looking for step by step instructions, make sure to check them out. Our FAQ section has a lot of answers to general questions.
What Alfa Romeo touch up paint products are the best?
There is a wide variety of advice online about the best tools for the job when complete the painting process. At ERA Paints, we only recommend the two below:
- Touch Up Paint Jars
- 12oz Aerosol canisters with a spray trigger
We don’t sell touch up car paint pens. They don’t provide the level of quality that we like to offer our customers. Paint retouching pens don’t meet our high standards and are a particularly poor choice for metallic and pearl paint. The paint doesn’t tend to align correctly, and it will start to flake relatively quickly, and not provide a great finish.
Alfa Romeo touch up paint jars come with small applicators and are the perfect option for small chips. Generally, you should choose this if the damage is smaller than a quarter. The applicator sticks are particularly suitable for chips from rocks because of the level of accuracy they provide.
If you need to repair a large area, use our 12oz canisters with our professional-grade automotive touch-up paint. You may require more than one spray can, but our staff can help you decide if you give us a call. Also, to offer better value to our customers, we stock the larger cans rather than the 10oz option.
What supplies do you need for Alfa Romeo touch up paint?
When doing the work yourself, it is crucial to have the best tools for the task at hand. We recommend having the below items on hand when you are doing the job.
- Primer helps the Alfa Romeo touch up paint bond to the vehicle
- Our perfectly matched Alfa Romeo touch up paint
- Clear coat protects the paint
- Wax and Grease Remover to clean your car before starting and after sanding
- Sandpaper to get rid of any sharp or jagged edges on the scratch. You should use 320 and 600 grit paper for the best results.
- Masking tape protects the rest of your car from the painting process
- A shop towel will allow you to wipe off any additional paint
Romeo chips can be quickly fixed with the equipment above. We sell everything you need in handy Alfa Romeo touch up paint kits. These offer great value and work out cheaper than purchasing everything individually. If you don’t need everything, we sell the items separately as well. All orders from us come with free shipping.
Should I fix the scratch on my Alfa Romeo immediately?
When you find a chip on your Alfa Romeo Mito US, it can be tempting to leave it alone, especially if it isn’t that big. However, Romeo chips can have a long-term effect on the health of your car. Regardless of whether you need to order Alfa Romeo Giulietta touch up paint or have an Alfa Romeo 166 for sale in the USA, get the scratch fixed as soon as possible. We’ve listed some reasons below.
- Prevent the scrape from worsening – Once a chip has been taken off the clear coat layer, your Alfa Romeo is open to the weather, which can make the scratch worse.
- Prevent rust – If the scrape is deep, the chance of water seeping into the metal is high. If this happens, it’s only a matter of time before rust sets in. In the long run, rust can spread to large areas and cause safety issues.
- Prevent additional costs – fixing a small scratch early on is relatively cheap. The longer you leave it, the higher the chance it will turn into something costly that a body shop will have to fix.
- Prevent a decline in value – The body is the first thing a buyer will look at. If it’s damaged, it will put you in a weak negotiating position, and you could get less for the car that it is worth.
Don’t leave the problem to get worse, get your Alfa Romeo repairs done as soon as possible and order one of our Alfa Romeo touch up paint kits, which have everything you need.
The two-step paint system and the single-stage process
Vehicles used to be painted using a simple single-stage process. Every that was needed was mixed and then applied all at once. Despite being simpler, it had some drawbacks, which meant it fell out of favor for a better system. The issues included:
- The single-stage process did not have a long shelf life. Cars painted this way tended to fade over the long-term and were affected by prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- The paint itself did not offer any protection to the body of the vehicle, which meant they were more prone to scratches. On top of that it did create the shine we are all used to with modern Alfa Romeo Giulia colors
- When vehicles were painted with the old process, they absorbed more sunlight. This caused damage to the body and, in general, was less comfortable for the passengers.
The process was less expensive,but you would spend more on repairs over the long term because you would have to get the Alfa Romeo colors repaired more often.
Now vehicles use the two-step paint system, and it is the best method currently available. Primer is used to help the paint bond to the body, and it adds a layer of protection. After the paint is applied, a layer of clear coat protects it and adds shine. There are numerous benefits to this technique, including:
- The paintwork lasts the entire lifetime of the vehicle. You only have to buy Alfa Romeo touch up paint if you get a scratch or chip.
- Vehicles are far more robust in challenging weather, and Romeo chips when there is hail are a thing of the past.
- The final application of clear coat protects the vehicle, which means it is less likely to be scratched at all.
Overall, the cost of maintaining and repairing vehicles with the two-step process is a lot less, and it looks far more beautiful.
Repairing your Alfa Romeo at home shouldn’t feel like a daunting prospect. The step-by-step process is relatively easy to follow. Just makes sure to avoid paint retouching pens and do your Alfa Romeo repairs with our high-quality paint products. Overall, you will save yourself a lot of time and money by conducting the repairs yourself, and we sell the same paint as the professionals, so why not give it a go?