Select your kia model
Select your kia year
kia paint code
Don't know your paint code? Click here for help
Find the best Kia touch up paint for all Kia colors.
Get that shine back on your 2007 Kia Amanti and put the glisten back on your Dark Grey Kia Optima with our outstanding touch up paint kits.
We supply top-quality Kia OEM touch up paint for all Kia models. Get your Kia touch up paint today.
Do you need Soul paint, Kia paint codes, or Kia Alien Green Pearl AE2 touch up paint? Well, ERA Paints has you covered. In this guide, you will find information on the Kia touch up paint process and how to complete it. We have also detailed the best products to use and what to do with them.
We hope that by outlining the Kia touch up paint steps, you can save some money and do the repairs yourself. You don’t have to be an expert to do the repair work, and our library of videos makes it easy to follow each step. We provide free shipping on all products and aim to pass exceptional value onto our customers.
Take a look through this guide before starting the process or simply go to the section that is most relevant to you.
- Locating your Kia Paint Code
- How to apply Kia touch up paint (VU8 Lakeside Blue Metallic paint, Z3S Iridescent Silver Blue Pearl paint, IM Titanium Silver Metallic paint, and all others)
- What touch up paint product should you use?
- What supplies do you need for your Kia touch up paint job?
- What are the most difficult colors to match?
- Kia colors that are easiest to maintain
If something isn’t covered in this guide, please check out our frequently asked questions section. For more in-depth information on the steps to applying the paint, take a look at our video library on YouTube. Or please give our staff a call, they are always on hand to help out.
Where can you find Kia paint codes?
Often finding the location of paint codes can be an exhausting task. However, more manufacturers need to follow Kia’s lead and make it as easy as they have. The Kia paint code will be on either a black or white sticker.
To find the paint code, you need to:
- Open the driver’s side door
- Look in the driver’s door jamb
- Find the black or white sticker
- Find “Paint” or “Exterior Paint Colors”
Kia paint codes are two or three digits in length, and they can be a mixture of numbers and letters.
Example Code: Paint SWP
In the above example, you can ignore paint, as this is a header to identify the code on the sticker. SWP paint refers to Snow White Pearl touch up paint. The Kia paint code can be found at the top of the label or if your Kia is missing the sticker inside the driver’s side door jamb, you have a few options:
- Our website has a color selector that takes your Kia’s model and year; it then returns potential color codes for you.
- Call Kia for free on 1-800-333-4542. Give them your VIN, and they should be able to give you the paint code.
- Call your dealer or the previous owner – often they will have the details on the vehicle and can help you.
- Call us 971-770-2372. If you give our staff some information on your Kia, they will be able to help you find your paint code.
We stock all Kia colors, and once you have your paint code, we can provide you with KIA OEM touch up paint.
How to apply Kia touch up paint (2017 Kia Optima colors, Kia Optima 2015 colors, and all others)
Regardless of whether you have a Kia Sorento, Kia Forte, or Kia Rio, damaged paint is fixed in the same way. Check out our section below for the best paint product to use before you begin and always make sure to try it out before beginning.
We typically recommend that our customers complete the work on a day where the temperature is at least 70 Fahrenheit, otherwise the paint won’t dry evenly. Don’t do the job in direct sunlight as it makes getting a great finish more difficult.
To complete the paintwork at home, you need to:
- Clean your Kia. Make sure to remove any dirt from scratch before starting. Soap and water will suffice.
- Sand the scrape. Even out the damage by sanding it down with 320 and 600 grit sandpaper.
- Reclean the vehicle. This time use wax and grease remover to get rid of any material left behind from sanding.
- Let the area dry and wipe it with a towel
- Section off the affected area with automotive masking tape.
- Prepare the area for painting. Apply primer in several thin coats and wait 5-10 minutes between layers. This helps the OEM touch up paint bond correctly. Wait 30 minutes before painting.
- Paint the area. Cover the scratch with Kia touch up paint. Make sure to put on several layers and wait 10 minutes between applications. Wait 30 minutes.
- Protect the area. Use clear coat to seal the paint and protect it.
- Let the vehicle dry overnight.
With each shipment, ERA Paints includes detailed instructions. For the best results, before applying the touch-up paint, be sure to completely read.
If you have any questions or need more detailed information on the steps above, please check out our video guides. They provide a step-by-step walk through on what to do. Alternatively, you can check out our FAQ guide or our ERA Paints staff can assist you if you give us a call 971-770-2372.
Kia Touch up paint pens or Kia touch up paint bottles
People will often ask us about Kia’s touch up paint pens. We don’t sell them and for a good reason. We like to offer our customers industry-leading products for all Kia colors that provide an exceptional finish. Touch up paint pens don’t meet this standard. If you have a metallic or pearl-colored Kia, like the Kia Soul Titanium Gray, Kia touch up paint pens tend to flake and provide an unreliable finish.
The products we recommend are:
- Kia touch up paint bottles
- 12oz aerosol canisters
The Kia touch up paint bottles come with small applicators, which makes them ideal for minor scrapes. They allow you to finely cover a small area in detail without smearing the paint. If the damage is thin or small in circumference, order paint bottles.
Whether it’s a Kia Rio, Sephia, Sportage, Soul, or Sorento, 12oz canisters are always a great choice. They are a perfect choice if you’re looking for VR spray paint Classic Red and will allow you to repair large damaged areas.
Overall, the choice of a product comes down to the size of the scratch. Typically, we recommend spray canisters for all but the most intricate of jobs.
The best equipment to complete Kia paintwork repairs
If you want to achieve a flawless factory finish, it is essential to get the right equipment. Fortunately, you don’t need an entire toolbox of supplies to fix your Kia’s damaged paint. Below are the things that we recommend:
- To get the scrape evened out we recommend sandpaper
- To clean the vehicle after sanding it use wax and grease remover
- To protect the other parts of your Kia, use masking tape
- To prepare the ding for painting, you will need primer
- To paint the affected area, use Kia touch up paint
- To protect your Kia OEM touch up paint, you must use clear coat after
- To protect your hands, use nitrile gloves
- To dry your Kia and wipe excess paint, you will need a shop towel
We offer everything you need to complete the Kia touch up paint procedure in a cheap auto paint kit. These provide great value and come with free delivery. They are perfect for all Kia models, including the 2013 Kia Optima colors.
If you don’t need everything on our list, you can purchase the items separately and will still get free shipping.
What causes scratches on a Kia?
Even the most diligent drivers still get scratches on their Kia’s, unfortunately, it is unavoidable. All Kia colors will more than likely fall prey to roadside debris at some point. But you can avoid some of the most common causes by knowing what they are.
- Inadequate Quality Cleaning Equipment – Using low-quality cleaning supplies or equipment that isn’t clean increases the likelihood of damage. Before cleaning your vehicle, make sure that sponges and towels aren’t dirty.
- Automatic Car Washes – Unfortunately, electronic car washes are a hotbed for paintwork damage. Cleaning it by hand means you can take the time and care that is needed to keep your SWP paint safe.
- Gravel and Dirt – A lot of paint damage comes from loose gravel on the roads. You can’t avoid main roads, but be sure to steer clear of any ragged patches of road.
- Gas – Spilling gas on your Kia is a sure-fire way to wreak havoc on the exterior. If you do get any gas on your vehicle, clean it off and dry it. Leaving it can cause it to peel.
The unpredictability of the roads makes it impossible to keep your car completely safe. Just avoid any of the potential hazards to reduce the changes your Light Almond Beige Metallic Kia gets damaged.
Should you go to a body shop or fix it yourself?
Deciding on whether to go to a body shop or do the repairs yourself can seem like a big decision. We have put together some critical reasons for and against both ideas.
Doing it yourself
Using Kia touch up paint to fix a scrape or scratch yourself will cost you significantly less than if you went to a body shop. In terms of disruption, doing it yourself means you get to dictate the schedule and won’t have to take any time off work. Also, our industry-leading paint is the same as the shops use and provide a perfect manufacturer’s match. We also offer everything in cheap auto paint kits to simplify the process further.
However, doing it at home requires having some practical knowledge and you may need to do a bit of homework before starting. We have a range of videos to help walk you through everything, and you can always give us a call if you are stuck. Touch up paint kits are not suitable for damage that has deformed the shape of the car; this should be left for the pros.
Taking your Kia to a body shop
Putting your Kia in for repair guarantees that professionals will do the work, and they will usually provide a warranty on their work. It may be a weight off your shoulders if you are overly concerned about doing it yourself. We recommend body shops if your Kia is severely damaged, as they have the equipment to do significant repairs.
If you want the cheap option, body shops are not for you. They can charge a small fortune, and you will also have to work around their schedule, which could mean taking time off work to deliver the car and paying for a rental car for several days.
Whether you are a complete novice or seasoned DIYer, repairing your Kia at home has a host of benefits. You don’t have to juggle your schedule to fit in a visit to the body shop, and the cost is far healthier on the bank balance. Hopefully, this article has given you everything you need to get started on the Kia touch up paint process.