Select your smart model
Select your smart year
smart paint code
USE OUR LEADING SMART CAR TOUCH UP PAINT TO MAKE YOUR VEHICLE SHINE
Repair the scratches and scrapes on your car using our range of Smart car paint codes and Smart car colors.
Are Smart Cars expensive to fix? Not with our professional-grade Smart touch up paint.
Whether you are looking for Smart Car touch up paint or need Smart car Black paint, we have the information to get the shine back into your paintwork as soon as possible. Even people with no experience can complete the process and avoid breaking the bank with costly visits to body shops.
In this guide, we will detail the process to fix scratches and scrapes on your smart car and help you to find the location of Smart car paint codes. Alongside our how-to articles, we have an entire YouTube channel dedicated to the touch-up repair process. Our videos go through each step in more detail and are a great resource.
Repairing paintwork damage shouldn’t cost an arm and leg, and this is why we offer exceptional value at every opportunity. As well as selling Smart Car touch up paint kits that contain everything you need, all purchases come with free shipping.
In this article you will find information on:
- Finding Smart car paint codes
- How to repair scratches on your Smart Car
- What are the best paint products to repair your Smart Car?
- The best equipment for repairing our Smart Car
- What is the main cause of scratches on Smart Cars?
- What is a two-step Paint System?
At ERA Paints, ensuring our customers get what they need is one of our core values. If there is anything our guide has missed, give us a call. Our expert staff members are on hand to give advice.
Finding Smart car paint codes
Your paint code identifies the specific color that the manufacturer used on your vehicle. It is essential to get a properly matched color and avoid any blotchy colors on your Smart Car.
The paint code is always located on the manufacturer’s label or VIN sticker. However, the exact location of this depends on the model and year of the Smart car that you own. To find it:
- Open the hood of your Smart Car. Look along the firewall.
- Check on the door jamb on the driver’s side of the car.
- Open the trunk and check on the inside of the lid.
Unfortunately, Smart cars don’t have a header to identify the paint code. But it can usually be found above the bar code on the VIN tag. Smart car color codes are often three or four digits long, and they contain a mixture of numbers and letters.
Example Code: C55L
The numbers above represent Smart Car C55L Jet Black. Other examples include C02L, which represents Silver Metallic. The label won’t contain the description, just the code.
For a variety of reasons, the label may not be in any of the areas listed above. In this instance, you can:
- Call us on 971-770-2372. Our staff will help identify the code for your vehicle.
- Use our paint code search tool. Simply put in the year and model of your Smart Car, and it will return all the possible Smart car paint codes.
- Send us an email at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com
Whether you need Smart car Black touch up paint or more details on the repair process, our staff are here to help.
How to repair scratches on your Smart Car
Using Smart Car touch up paint to fix a scrape on your car has a range of upsides over going to a professional. It is cheaper and means you don’t have to change your schedule to fit in with the body shop.
Before painting with our Smart Car touch up paint, read the instruction guide that comes with the specific paint you ordered. Also, use the product on our Test Card to get an idea of how it lays the color.
For the best results, you need to do the work in temperatures around 70°F, out of direct sunlight, to help the paint dry evenly.
To fix scrapes on your Smart Car:
- Wash the area to understand the extent of the damage – 15 minutes
- Sand the area. Use 320 grit sandpaper then 600 grit sandpaper – 10 minutes
- Clean the area again, this time with wax and grease remover – 10 minutes
- Put on 3 coats of primer – wait 10 minutes between each layer
- Let it dry for at least 40 minutes
- Apply 3 coats of Smart Car touch up paint -wait 10 minutes between each layer
- Let it dry for at least 40 minutes
- Cover the area with clear coat three times – wait 10 minutes between each layer
- Let your Smart Car dry overnight
If you want to get an extra shine, rubbing compounds are great. But you need to wait a minimum of three days before putting it on; otherwise, it may damage the paintwork.
The above is just an overview of the process to repair scratches on your Smart car. On our YouTube page, you can find more detailed instructions that go over everything step-by-step.
What are the best paint products to repair your Smart Car?
When doing the job yourself, you have a few options to choose from to achieve a flawless factory finish. Every scrape is different, so the best product will depend on the size and location of the damage on your Smart Car. However, we recommend:
- Smart Car aerosol spray paint
- Paints Jars of Smart touch up paint
Your overall best bet is our 12oz spray canisters. They are great for significant scratches that are deep but can also be used for small scratches. We also sell a spray canister trigger, that clips on to the canister and makes spraying the paint even easier. The 12oz rattle cans that we have are bigger than our competitors and mean you can repair a more substantial area with less money.
For damage that is small or maybe in a place that doesn’t lend itself to spraying, we think paint jars are the best option. The small applicators that come with the paint jars make them ideal for applying the paint care.
Whether you do the work at home or go to a body shop, the end goal is to have a Smart Car that shines with an original factory finish. Getting exceptional products results in a great finish. Our industry-leading paint is the same stuff used by the body shops, so it provides excellent quality. That is why we don’t sell or recommend using Smart Car touch up paint pens. When the paint is applied in this way, it usually tends to flake and won’t match the surrounding paint. They are a particularly bad choice for metallic and pearl colors.
We sell all Smart Car colors, and you get free delivery with every order. It can sometimes be challenging to identify which paint product you need, speak to our staff, and they can help you get the best paint product for the job.
The best equipment for repairing your Smart Car
A successful DIY project relies on a few things. Firstly, you need to understand what needs to be done. But more importantly, you need the right equipment for the project. Thankfully, applying Smart touch up paint isn’t a complicated process and doesn’t require a warehouse of tools. But for an excellent finish you need:
- Soap and water in a bucket or container
- Wax and grease remover for after sanding
- Automotive Tape to section off the damage
- 320 grit and 600 grit sandpaper
- Smart Car OEM touch up paint
- Primer – to be applied before the Smart Car touch up paint
- Clear coat to be used at the end
- A blue shop towel
- Nitrile gloves
- Optional extra – Rubbing compound
We have a variety of Smart Car touch up repair kits that contain everything you need. They offer better value than buying everything separately and means you can get started as soon as possible.
What is the main cause of scratches on Smart Cars?
Even if you are the most cautious driver, your vehicle can still get a scratch or scrape. We’ve made a list of the most common ways peoples vehicles get scratches:
- Cleaning – If you don’t wash your cleaning utensils in between washing your car, they can get dirty. These small pieces of dirt add up and can scratch your Smart Car. It’s far more common than you think, so just make sure to wash your equipment between cleans.
- Automatic car washes – The materials they use on car washes are not always changed enough. This wear and tear can make them scratch and scrape your car. Either go to a well-regarded car wash or do it by hand.
- Debris – rocks, and dirt on the road are almost unavoidable. They are the leading cause of screen cracks and paintwork damage.
- Gas spills – If you ever get gas on your vehicle, you must wipe it off as soon as possible. Otherwise, it may do lasting damage and make the paint fade.
Unfortunately, wrapping your car in bubblewrap and driving around is not an option. But by highlighting some of the worst offenders for paintwork damage, you can try and avoid them.
What is a two-step Paint System?
Once upon a time, paint chemicals were mixed and then applied all at once. This was known as the single-stage process and was less complicated. However, it did have some downsides:
- It often began to fade because of sun damage and would rarely last the lifetime of the vehicle.
- Old cars didn’t have the shine that modern cars do.
- The paint was less reflective, which meant it absorbed more heat and resulted in overheating.
All modern vehicles are painted using the two-step paint process. The paint is applied, followed by a layer of clear coat. It costs more but is an all-round better option because:
- It lasts a long time. Most cars never need to be repainted because the paintwork is far more robust.
- Two-step paint jobs far better in extreme weather. Regardless of whether it’s too much sun or snow, the paintwork doesn’t fade or peel.
- The final stage of the process is to add a clear coat. Clear coat acts as a protective layer and helps to reduce the overall incidence of scrapes.
- Overall, vehicles cost less to maintain because you don’t have to put money aside to repair damaged or faded paint.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or a complete novice, fixing your vehicle with Smart Car touch up paint isn’t complicated. Hopefully, this article has answered the question of whether to buy touch up paint for cars and will mean you can get your vehicle shining again in no time. Use the same paint like the professionals but save yourself some money, order your Smart touch up paint kit today, and get started.