Select your aston martin model
Select your aston martin year
Select your aston martin paint code
Use our industry-leading Aston Martin touch up paint for your vehicle.
We sell industry-leading touch up paint for all Aston Martin colors. Use our handy guide to find your Aston Martin paint codes.
We only stock the best Aston Martin touch up paint on the market. Whether you are looking to fix some blemishes on your Aston Martin Vanquish, or touch up a ding on your Aston Martin Lagonda, we have the right paint for you.
Our guide will tell you how to achieve a flawless factory finish with our OEM touch up paint and leave your car shining once again. Completing the work yourself will save you a lot of time and money, and with the right tools and techniques leads to a finish just as good as the professionals.
Any order from us comes with free shopping because we want to offer you the best possible value when repairing your British sports cars. Check out our guide on the entire Aston Martin touch up paint process, and you’ll find information on:
- How to find your Aston Martin paint code
- How to apply Aston Martin touch up paint
- What paint product should you use?
- What supplies are a must for your Aston Martin touch up paint repair work?
How to find your Aston Martin paint code
The paint code will be in different places, depending on whether you drive a 2019 Aston Martin Vantage or an Aston Martin Lagonda. The best places to check for it are:
- Under the hood of the car in the central section
- On the driver’s side doorjamb
The paint code will be made up of numbers and letters and is usually four or five characters long.
The code above represents Marine Blue Pearl, which is a popular color for the Aston Martin Rapide.
The code is likely to be on a silver, black, or white manufacturer tag. But if you can’t find it, you have a few options:
- Use our color code finder tool, which helps you quickly identify your code based on the year and model of your Aston Martin.
- Give us a call on 971-770-2372 between 6:30 am and 2:00 pm PST from Monday to Friday, and most Saturdays.
- Please send us an email at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com
We have OEM touch up paint for all Aston Martin colors, and it’s guaranteed to provide a great finish. So, once you get the paint code, get online, and get free shipping with your order.
How to apply Aston Martin touch up paint
It’s crucial with cars as exclusive as Aston Martins to do the job right and get a flawless factory finish to remove any blemishes. The key to a great finish is the preparation and application of the paint.
Never paint in direct sunlight as it makes the paint dry unevenly and never paint on a day that is below 50°F as the paint won’t dry. To complete the Aston Martin touch up paint process:
- Clear the scratch or scrape to remove any excess from the area.
- Sand the area with 200 grit and 600 grit sandpaper.
- Clean the scrape again, but this time use a grease remover.
- Use a non-fibrous shop towel to dry the area.
- Mark out the outside of the area with automotive masking tape to prevent paint overreach.
- Apply the primer in three thin coats. Always wait between five and ten minutes between each layer to allow for drying.
- Use our Aston Martin OEM touch up paint. Layer it on until it matches the area around it.
- Protect your work with three layers of clear coat. Make sure the first layer is thin. Then add two more.
The above steps don’t go into the full process, but make sure to take a look at our YouTube page for step-by-step information.
What paint product should you use?
Quality is the essential aspect of dealing with luxury brand cars like the Aston Martin Vanquish or any Aston Martin for that matter. For that reason we only recommend two products:
If your Aston Martin has a small scrape, then the paint bottles are ideal. The applicators they come with allow you to add the paint to small areas delicately.
For anything larger than a quarter, we recommend the spray cans. They are exceptionally versatile and offer great coverage. We recommend purchasing the spray trigger that goes with the cans as it makes the process easier.
Many of our customers inquire about Aston Martin paint pens, but we don’t stock these and certainly don’t recommend them. The finished work will usually flake or peel, with pearl and metallic colors performing particularly poorly.
What supplies are a must for your Aston Martin touch up paint repair work?
When completing the paint repair work at home, you should always strive to use paint that offers a perfect manufacturer’s match. Using exceptional paint and the right tools means you achieve a flawless factory finish on your 2019 Aston Martin Vanquish. The supplies you need are:
- Sandpaper to smooth out the scratch. We recommend 320 grit and 600 grit sandpaper.
- Wax and grease cleaner to use after sanding.
- To protect the rest of your vehicle’s paint, you will need masking tape.
- The primer prepares the body of the vehicle for the Aston Martin touch up paint.
- Aston Martin OEM touch up paint that has been perfectly matched.
- Clear coat helps protect the touch up paint long term and seals off the previous two layers.
- We recommend gloves to keep your hands clean during the painting.
- Shop towels are great for drying your Aston Martin and wiping away any excess touch up paint.
You can buy all the items above separately, or alternatively, we sell Aston Martin touch up paint kits that contain everything that you need. They are perfect for the Aston Martin Rapide and Aston Martin Lagonda and offer better value than buying each item separately. Like with all of our products, every order comes with free shipping.
Taking the opportunity to repair any scratches or scrapes on your Aston Martin will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. It is easy enough for complete novices to do, and with our how-to guides and YouTube videos, you’ll achieve a flawless factory finish on your Aston Martin. So, don’t wait for your scrape to worsen, get your Aston Martin touch up paint today.
If you are interested in ERA Paints and our strive for vehicle care, follow us on our social media: