Select your ferrari model
Select your ferrari year
Use our simple online color matching system to get your Ferrari touch up paint
Our Ferrari touch up paint gives you an original factory finish and is simple to use.
At ERA Paints, our goal is to provide customers with all the things they need to carry out a touch up paint repair job at home without resorting to a costly auto body shop. If you’re looking for OEM touch up paint for your Ferrari F12 or an ideal color match for your Ferrari F488, look no further than ERA Paints.
We stock identical products as professional auto shops so you can relax, knowing that your Ferrari will be repaired with top quality touch up paint. Anything purchased from ERA Paints has no shipping charge. On this page, we’ll look at:
- Where to look to find your Ferrari paint code
- The best method to get a great finish using Ferrari touch up paint
- Which Ferrari paint supplies you can use
- What equipment you should buy for your Ferrari paint repair job
- The long-term effects of not repairing damaged paint
Where to look to find your Ferrari paint code
Your Ferrari paint codes should be relatively easy to locate.
- Open the deck lid
- Check underneath
- Find the paint code sticker
- The code will be a number with the Italian name for the color
If you can’t locate the code after searching in these places then:
- Phone ERA Paints 971-770-2372. A staff member will be available to take your call between 6:30 am and 2:00 pm Monday to Friday and from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm most Saturdays.
- Please email us at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com, and we get back to you as soon as we can.
- Get in touch with the last owner who may be able to give you the code or help you locate it.
Locating your Ferrari paint code is vital if you are going to get your vehicle’s paint back to its original factory finish.
The best method to get a great finish using Ferrari touch up paint
Getting an original factory finish requires following the same method no matter whether you own a Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari California, or Ferrari SUV.
Ensure you choose to paint on a day that is over 60 degrees F and that you have understood the instructions written on the paint packaging before beginning.
Getting the Ferrari washed and ready
- Give your Ferrari a wash with water and soap to ensure the damaged area is clean.
- Sand down the scratch – 600 and 320 grit sandpaper are both excellent choices for levelling out your Ferrari’s scratches.
- Rewash your Ferrari – clear away any shavings left from the sanding with a grease remover.
- Leave the Ferrari to air dry.
- Tape up the area – tape the area surrounding the damage so that the rest of the Ferrari paint will be protected during the touch up.
Applying the OEM Touch Up Paint
- Use primer – you will need to apply three coats and wait up to 15 minutes between each. Allow it to dry for half an hour.
- Touch up paint application – using the area around the damaged paint as a guide, apply the touch-up paint to align perfectly with the original Ferrari paint. Let it dry for a quarter of an hour between each coat.
- Clear coat application – apply at least three thin coats of clear coat to act as a sealant to protect the touch up paint.
- Allow your Ferrari to dry until the following day.
For even more detail, visit our YouTube channel and blog, which both have step-by-step instructions on the process. You can also phone one of our helpful and knowledgeable staff members who will also be able to assist you.
Which Ferrari paint supplies you can use
Usually, there are three types of products you can pick from to repair your Ferrari. Which one is best for the job, depends on how much damage has been done to the Ferrari paint. The three choices are:
- Ferrari touch up paint bottle
- Ferrari touch up paint pens
- Ferrari touch up spray canister
We’ve had many queries about paint pens. Here at ERA Paints, we feel that top quality is vital. We will only stock and sell premium quality products. Paint pens do not offer the great finish we require from the supplies that we stock. They do not give allow for proper application of metallic colors and will flake. Overall, they do not provide the perfect manufacturer’s match we expect from our products.
We recommend repairing damage to a Ferrari Enzo and all other Ferrari models with a spray canister. At ERA Paints, we stock 12oz spray cans that gives an ideal color match and excellent coverage. You can also purchase a can trigger for a smoother paint application.
If your Ferrari paint damage is smaller than a coin, we suggest using Ferrari touch up paint bottles. The bottles include an applicator that gives good control over the touch up paint process and lets you paint multiple detailed layers.
What equipment you should buy for your Ferrari paint repair job
Whether you’re fixing your Ferrari SUV or Ferrari 250 GTO, using the correct equipment is really important. Make sure you have:
- Primer to get the Ferrari ready for the touch up paint
- Ferrari touch up paint
- Clear coat spray to seal your touch up paint
- Wax and grease remover for cleaning and preparing your Ferrari
- 600 and 320 grit sandpaper
- Masking tape for protecting the surrounding area
- Nitrile gloves for hand protection
You can get all these in the ERA Paints Ferrari touch up paint kit, so doing the work at home is as simple as possible. You can also buy all of the items separately, but it’s more cost-effective to buy them as a bundle.
The long-term effects of not repairing damaged paint
It’s tempting to think a small scratch on your Ferrari F430 or Ferrari F40 is harmless and does not require attention. Leaving scratches and scrapes, however, can have serious consequences:
- The weather and the elements can further damage the scratches and scrapes.
- Rusting – scratches give water access to the metal underneath. If not treated, the bodywork of the car can rust. If there is enough damage, this can cause serious safety issues.
- The price – once damage and the rust spread, the cost of fixing your Ferrari will grow. It’s cheaper to treat it early on and prevent the damage from getting worse.
- Decreased resale value – buyers are less willing to purchase cars with damaged paintwork, and severe rust is a deal-breaker. Don’t allow scratches to become a rust problem, which will severely reduce the value of the Ferrari.
With our vast selection of Ferrari colors and Ferrari paint codes, touching up your vehicle’s paintwork at home couldn’t be simpler. You don’t need to spend a lot at an auto body shop when you can get your Ferrari F40 and Ferrari F8 Tributo paint looking like its original factory finish now.