Select your Fisker model
Select your Fisker year
Choose your Fisker car touch up paint by using the simple color matching tool on our website.
ERA Paint’s extremely high-quality products will give your Fisker car an original factory finish again.
Ensuring our customers have all they need to complete car paint repair jobs at home is something that we work hard to do at ERA Paints. If you’re looking for a great finish to your Fisker car paint (whether you have a Fisker Karma car, a Fisker car 2016, or Fisker car 2018), you can find all that’s needed to get your vehicle back to a flawless factory finish at ERA Paints. Once you’ve taken a look at our website, there will be no need for you to spend any money at an expensive auto body shop to get the perfect manufacturer’s match for your touch up paint repair.
ERA Paints supplies the same quality Fisker car touch up paint as professionals use in auto body shops. So, you can be sure that you are treating your new Fisker car or Fisker electric car with premium quality products whenever you order anything from us. An added benefit is that anything you purchase from us at ERA Paints has free shipping.
In this article, we’ll be looking at:
- What to do to find your Fisker car paint codes
- How to use Fisker car touch up paint
- Will a scratch on your Fisker car cause long term damage
- What Fisker car touch up paint products you should have
- What other tools you should have to get a great finish on your Fisker car paint
In addition to reading this article, we also recommend that you look through our selection of video guides, which are available on our YouTube channel, and read our how-to-articles for informative guides on how to repair damage to your Fisker car.
What to do to find your Fisker car paint codes
Fisker is similar to other manufacturers in where they keep their paint codes. To find it simply open the driver’s side door and look on the door jamb and you should see the code there.
If you’re still unsure about the right Fisker car paint codes, you also have some options:
- Use our online paint code finder. Simply enter the year and model of your Fisker and we can help you find the paint code.
- Drop us an email inquiry at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com, and we’ll respond as soon as we possibly can.
- For an even quicker response, call us at 971-770-2372. One of our team will be manning the phone lines between 6.30 am and 2.30 pm Monday through Friday, or from 8.00 am to 1:00 pm each Saturday.
- Another option is to speak to the last owner of your Fisker car as they might have further information about the paint codes or where to find them.
This is a key first step to getting your Fisker car 2016 or Fisker car 2018 back to its original factory finish. The Fisker car paint codes will facilitate getting the perfect manufacturer’s match when ordering touch up paint.
How to use Fisker car touch up paint
Perhaps you own a Fisker automotive electric car like a Fisker Karma car. Whether you own this model or any other Fisker car, in order to get your vehicle back to its original factory finish, you’ll need to follow the process that we’ll set out below.
Please note that you should check the temperature before you start your Fisker car paint repair. The temperature should be 70 degrees Fahrenheit and warmer. It’s also really important that you’ve read and understood the instructions on the Fisker car paint packaging before beginning.
Washing and preparing your Fisker car before painting:
- Using soapy water, wash the damaged area of your Fisker car.
- Using 600 or 320 grit sandpaper, sand down and smooth the damaged area.
- Using grease remover, rewash your Fisker car, ensuring that any grit or residue from sanding is washed away.
- Let your Fisker car dry.
- Using masking tape, tape around the damaged or scratched area. This step is important for protecting the rest of the paintwork.
OEM Touch Up Paint – how should it be applied:
- Using the primer, apply at three coats to ensure the area is ready for the touch up paint. Three coats of primer will need to be applied before you use the touch up paint. Wait for 15 minutes for the primer to dry after each coat. Then let it dry for half an hour.
- Using the Fisker car touch up paint itself, apply enough so that it aligns with the original paintwork. It’s important to allow the paint to dry for 15 minutes after each layer.
- Using the clear coat, seal, and protect the paint. The minimum recommended amount of clear coat is three layers to make sure that paint is truly protected and sealed.
- Finally, you will need to leave your Fisker car overnight to allow the touch up paint to dry.
You can also browse through our in-depth guides or video demonstrations on the Fisker car touch up paint process, click on the links blog and YouTube channel, or you can call into our ERA Paints team who can talk you through the application process.
What Fisker car touch up paint products should you have?
Fisker car owners who are aiming to repair damage to their car’s paintwork usually have three different product types they can choose from. Which of these products is the most suitable for the work is really dependent on the severity of the damage. Typically, the options are:
- Fisker car touch up paint pens
- Fisker car spray paint canisters
- Fisker car touch up paint bottles
Paint pens get a lot of attention, and we’ve received plenty of inquiries about these. It’s unfortunate that paint pens do not provide vehicle owners with a great finish. They don’t apply metallic colors very well (flaking paint is commonly reported), and customers don’t get a perfect manufacturer’s match to the original color. Here at ERA Paints, providing our customers with top quality products is what counts. Touch up paint pens do not give customers do not give the quality that is the standard for our products, and therefore we do not stock them or have them available for purchase.
At ERA Paints, we suggest that you fix damage to your Fisker car paintwork by using one of our spray paint canisters. You can use this on any Fisker electric car like the Fisker Karma or any other model. We provide 12-ounce spray cans that will give you both great coverage and an ideal color match. You can also buy a trigger, if you’d like to, which will help make the paint application easier for you.
If the damaged area of paint on your Fisker car is really small (coin-sized or smaller), then we would suggest using the touch up paint bottles. As these come with an applicator, it’s really easy to use these to apply detailed layers of paint in a small area, as the applicator gives you extra control.
What other tools should you have to get a great finish on your Fisker car paint?
Having the correct tools is a very important part of getting your Fisker car paintwork back to its original factory finish. We advise you to have these tools in your workspace when completing your Fisker car touch up paint repair job.
- A towel – use this to keep yourself, the vehicle, and your workspace clean.
- Nitrile gloves – use these to keep your hands clean and protected from chemicals.
- Wax and grease remover – use this to clean and repair your Fisker car thoroughly before you complete the painting.
- Masking tape- use this to protect the paintwork surrounding the damaged area.
- 320 and 600 grit sandpaper – use this to smooth out the scrapes, scratches, and damage before you start painting.
- Primer – use this to prepare your Fisker car for the touch up paintwork.
- Fisker car touch up paint (spray paint or touch up bottles) – use this to complete the actual paint repair.
- Clear coat- use this to seal the touch up paint and to keep it protected.
You can find all these products bundled together in our Fisker car touch up paint kit. We designed this kit to make it as easy as possible to complete your Fisker car paint repair job at home. These products are all available individually too, but you’ll save money buying them together in our Fisker car kit.
At ERA Paints, we strongly believe that our selection of Fisker car touch up paints, our tools, and our guides make it simple for anyone (even a beginner) to complete a repair to your vehicle’s paintwork at home. There’s no need to put your car into an auto body shop (and fork out a lot of money) when you can get your Fisker car back to its original factory finish at home in no time.