Select your genesis model
Select your genesis year
HYUNDAI GENESIS OEM TOUCH UP PAINT
Use our website’s easy-to-use color matching system to get the ideal color match and get your Hyundai Genesis looking as good as the original factory finish. Find out the paint code and purchase the OEM touch up paint for your Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Hyundai Genesis 2019, Hyundai Genesis G70, or any other Hyundai Genesis model.
Are you looking to fix the scratch on your Hyundai Genesis G90 or on a Hyundai Genesis sports car? Are you looking for the correct paint code for your Genesis car G80? Look no further than ERA Paints.
We’ve got all you could require to complete your paint repair work. We’ve got Hyundai Genesis OEM touch up paint as well as stage-by-stage guides and video demos to help you get your Hyundai Genesis paintwork looking as good as new with no need to head to an auto body shop.
Get your Hyundai Genesis a great finish once more with our premium quality OEM touch up paint. At ERA Paints, we guarantee an ideal color match. We have free shipping, and our touch-up paint kits are great value making it affordable and straightforward to fix your Hyundai Genesis paintwork at home.
This DIY touch up paint guide will clearly set out the stages of fixing your Hyundai Genesis paintwork. We will explore:
- Where you can locate your Hyundai Genesis paint code
- How you should apply the touch up paint on your Hyundai Genesis
- The equipment and tools you’ll need to complete the job
- Whether DIY or professional work is recommended
We have a large selection of video guides on our YouTube channel that will make using Hyundai Genesis touch up paint even easier. Our helpful team members are also available to assist with any questions. You can reach them at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com or at 971-770-2372, they are always ready to help.
Where you can locate your Hyundai Genesis paint code
The Genesis car company used to be part of Hyundai but split off in 2015 to form a standalone brand. However, the answer to who makes the Genesis car is still Hyundai.
Generally, Hyundai Genesis paint codes are simple to locate, and you should be able to find yours if you follow these steps.
- Check the door jamb connecting the door to the frame on the driver’s side.
- If the paint code is not here, it may be hidden in the engine compartment, which is trickier to access.
The paint code format is a two-character mixture of numbers and letters (for example, S3) though later modes have three characters (S3B).
If the paint code is proving hard to find after following these steps, you could also:
- Use our online color matching system. All that’s needed from you is to select your Hyundai Genesis vehicle’s model and year and get the result.
- Call one of our trained staff at 971-770-2372. We can take your call Monday to Friday from 6.30 am to 2:30 pm PST, and most Saturdays between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm.
When you’ve got your paint code, head to our website, order your Hyundai Genesis touch up paint kit with an ideal color match, wait for the free shipping, and get started on your touch up paint job.
How you should apply touch up paint on your Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Hyundai Genesis G90, or any other Hyundai Genesis car
It really is simple to fix your Hyundai Genesis paintwork at home using one of touch up paint kits. This way, you can get your vehicle looking like its original finish without forking out at an auto body shop, which will be costly. It is feasible to have your Hyundai Genesis back to a flawless factory finish at home in just a few hours, dependent on the weather. If the temperature is cooler, you may have to wait longer to ensure the paint dries properly.
We’ll set out the critical steps you’ll need to follow to get your Hyundai Genesis paintwork fixed with our touch up paint kits. In addition, we’ll set out the time frames needed to ensure the Hyundai Genesis touch up paint is applied correctly.
You must complete your Hyundai Genesis paint repair work when the conditions are right. To get a great finish, your Hyundai Genesis should be away from direct sunlight, and it should be 70°F or warmer.
Always read the instructions included with your shipment before you start working on your Hyundai Genesis paintwork.
- It’s essential to prepare your Hyundai Genesis. Clean the car with soap, degreaser, and water. This will take around 15 minutes.
- Use 600 grit sandpaper to sand down the area that’s been damaged. Make sure the damage is smooth. This will take around 15 minutes.
- Re-clean the area to wash away any debris. This will take another 10 minutes.
- Let your Hyundai Genesis dry for 20 minutes or more before you move on to the next stage.
- Use masking tape around the area that’s damaged. This will protect the rest of the paint and will only take around 5 minutes.
- The next stage is primer application. Apply thin layers which take around 5 minutes each coat. You’ll then need to leave it to dry for one hour after.
- Apply the Hyundai Genesis touch up paint. Use three medium thickness coats to align with the paint surrounding the area that’s been damaged. The painting will take around 5 minutes, but you should leave 40 minutes after for the paint to dry.
- To protect and seal the paint, apply three layers of clear coat. This will take 15 minutes, but let the clear coat dry for 10 minutes between each layer.
- Leave your Hyundai Genesis to dry overnight.
This is a simple outline guide to fixing the paint on your Hyundai Genesis. You can also find more detailed guides here. We also have some extremely clear video guides on our YouTube channel, if this is your preferred way to learn. If you want to raise any queries, our customer care team is on hand and happy to help.
What tools will you need to touch up the paint of your Hyundai Genesis at home?
There are three choices when you’re looking to buy paint to repair your Hyundai Genesis. They are:
- A Hyundai Genesis paint pen
- Hyundai Genesis touch up paint bottles.
- A Hyundai Genesis 12 oz. aerosol paint canister.
Lots of our customers are interested in the paint pens. Unfortunately, paint pens do not provide the ideal color match, nor do they apply metallic colors properly (flaking is common). We prioritize quality in every single one of our products, and, unfortunately, paint pens do not meet the standards that we require. We do not stock or offer paint pens, and we can’t guarantee that they will effectively complete your touch up paintwork. If you’re trying to select touch up paint for your Hyundai Genesis G70 or Hyundai Genesis car G80, a paint pen should be avoided.
Hyundai Genesis touch up paint bottles, or Hyundai Genesis spray paint are definitely superior choices. Which one of these two choices is best for the job will depend on how much paint you need. You’ll need to gauge the extent of the damage to your Hyundai Genesis and the size of the job. If the scratch or scrape to your car is only small, we recommend a touch up paint bottle as a great choice as these come with an applicator.
If your Hyundai Genesis has sustained a more considerable amount of damage, a paint spray can is the way to go. If a large panel on your Hyundai Genesis sports car needs the paintwork fixing or the hood has been damaged, you may need to order more than one spray can.
You can contact us at 971-770-2372 to find out how many cans you’ll need. We always aim to provide you with premium quality. We also offer 12-ounce cans (in comparison, many of our competitors only sell 10-ounce products).
What equipment will you need for DIY paintwork repair on your Hyundai Genesis?
As long as your Hyundai Genesis hasn’t sustained a significant amount of damage, it’s entirely possible to fix your paintwork at home. To get the original factory finished back to your paintwork, though, you’ll need the right products and equipment, which we’ll set out here.
Before you start the job, we recommend that you have the following:
- A towel to keep yourself, the area, and the vehicle clean.
- Nitrile gloves to keep your hands protected.
- Soapy water to be used to clean the car.
- Grease and wax remover to clean and remove debris both before and after sanding.
- A trigger. This is an optional grip for a spray canister to help make applying paint easier.
- 320 or 600 grit sandpaper to smooth down the damaged area before starting work.
- Masking tape to protect the rest of the Hyundai Genesis car paint.
- Primer to prepare the area for the touch up paint.
- Hyundai Genesis OEM touch up paint (aerosol spray canister or touch up paint bottles).
- Clear coat to protect and seal the touch up paint as the last step of the process.
We offer several touch up kits for our Hyundai Genesis customers, and these all contain the items you’ll need for your DIY touch up paint job. Of course, you can also purchase all these items separately from our website, but it’s the best value for money to get them as a bundle.
Is a professional job or DIY better?
There are many advantages to repairing your Hyundai Genesis paintwork yourself, including:
- It’s far cheaper to complete the repair work yourself.
- It’s also quicker to do the job at home according to your schedule.
- You won’t need to put your Hyundai Genesis into the repair shop. Instead, you can repair it at the time that best suits you.
There are some disadvantages to completing the work to your Hyundai Genesis paint yourself, mainly if this is your first-time repairing car paintwork. We think our helpful online guides and video library can help with this, however, there are occasions when taking your vehicle to an auto body shop may be the best option.
These occasions would be when there is a significant amount of damage to your Hyundai Genesis paintwork. At these times it may be best to take your Hyundai Genesis to an auto repair shop where you’re sure to get a professional and guaranteed paintwork job.
As a general rule, with most smaller scale paint damage, we think it’s feasible and preferable to fix your Hyundai Genesis paintwork at home.
Our great selection of Hyundai Genesis touch up paint kits, and spray cans mean that with ERA Paints, you can fix everything other than significant damage to your paint at home yourself. It’s as simple as buying the correct products and following our guides. There’s no need for you to spend a lot at an auto body shop. Instead, do it yourself and get your Hyundai Genesis G90 and Hyundai Genesis G70, looking like its original factory finish at home today.