Select your hummer model
Select your hummer year
Select your hummer paint code
Don't know your paint code? Click here for help
GET A FLAWLESS FACTORY FINISH WITH OUR INDUSTRY LEADING HUMMER TOUCH UP PAINT
Our expert matching system provides professional-grade touch-up paint for you to repair your Hummer at home and get a great finish.
Whether you’re looking for 2007 Hummer H3 touch up paint or 2006 Hummer H3 Slate Blue Metallic touch up paint, we have the colors you need to get the job done.
We have decades of experience helping our customers get the Hummer touch up paint that is perfect for their vehicle and provides a flawless factory finish. Our guides provide information on finding your paint code, applying the paint, and the best equipment for the job. We aim to break the process down so that even people with no prior experience can fix the scratches and scrapes on their Hummer.
Regardless of whether you need Hummer Black touch up paint or something more unique, we have what you need. We sell an enormous variety of colors that even includes 2008 Hummer H3x Sonoma Red Metallic touch up paint. Our OEM touch up paint restores your Hummer to its original shine, and it delivers an excellent finish every time. We aim to offer outstanding value to all of our customers, so we provide free shipping with every order.
The Hummer touch up paint guide below will walk you through what needs to be done to repair your Hummer. It will allow you to avoid the high costs associated with body shops and do the work at home. You can find information on:
- Where can you find your Hummer paint code?
- How to repair your Hummer with touch up paint
- Is the touch up paint pen for 03 Hummer H2 your best option?
- What will I need to fix my Hummer at home?
- What repairs can you do yourself?
- How much does a visit to the body shop cost?
We always aim to deliver the best customer service to our patrons, and part of that is providing the most useful information. If we have missed anything, or you need extra support, give us a call at 971-770-2372 between 8:00 am till 2:00 pm PST throughout the week and on Saturday.
You can also find a library of videos on our YouTube page. These detail the entire process step-by-step and are a great resource and point of reference for when you are applying Hummer touch up paint.
Where can you find your Hummer paint code?
Whether you drive an H1, H2, or H3, the paint code will always be located on the service identification sticker. Depending on the year and model of your Hummer, it will likely be in one of two places, to find it:
- Open the passenger’s side door
- Open the glove box and look inside
- Check the middle console
- Go to the driver’s side of the car
- Open the door and check on the door jamb
The tag that the Hummer color code is on will be either silver, black, or white. Hummer uses the same paint code format as other General Motors subsidiaries. Their codes are four digits long and will be composed of numbers and letters.
An example code is: 204M
The code above represents 2008 Hummer H3x Bordeaux Red Metallic touch up paint, which is a popular color on Hummers. You may see the code written differently online with a “WA” prefix, so be aware it may not be written as it appears on the manufacturer’s sticker. You can find the code at the bottom of the label, where it will be next to a “BC/CC” heading.
In some instances, you may not find the paint code in the spots listed above. As mentioned, you can use your online tool to help or:
- Call our expert staff members at 971-770-2372, and they can help you figure out your Hummer’s code.
- Email us at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com
- Speak to the previous owner or dealer, and they may have the information you need.
After you locate your Hummer paint code, make a note of it. Ordering the paint is simple. You can use our list of Hummer codes online or insert the model and year of your Hummer, and our search tool can help you locate it. All of our touch up paint kits come with free delivery as standard.
How to repair your Hummer with touch up paint
Fixing the scratches and scrapes on your Hummer is easier than you might think. It keeps the costs of the repairs low and allows you to operate on a schedule that suits you, rather than having to organize transport while your car is in the shop.
The steps below give a brief overview of the Hummer touch up paint process. For more detailed instructions and advice, check out the videos on our YouTube page. These go through each part step-by-step.
When you are painting, opt for a day when the temperature is around 70 degrees. Make sure to complete the work in the shade, as it allows the paint to dry evenly. Give the paint product you have chosen a test run before beginning to get a feel for how it works and to test the color match. To achieve a flawless factory finish, we recommend following the steps carefully.
- First, you should clean the scrape. It is essential to use grease remover on the area you are going to work on.
- Next, use sandpaper to even out the area. For optimum results, use 320 grit paper followed by 600 grit.
- Then put the masking tape around the scratch to protect the paint around it
- Next, apply the primer. For a great finish, use it in numerous thin layers. It is essential to let the layers dry for a minimum of five minutes.
- After, apply the OEM touch up paint. Similar to the primer, paint it in several small layers. Wait 5 minutes between coats.
- After several applications, check that it lines up with the surrounding paint.
- Once the paint is dry, apply the clear coat. You should use it several times.
- Allow everything to dry overnight.
If you are planning on using rubbing compounds such as cutting creme, then you need to wait at least three days before applying it.
Is the touch up paint pen for 03 Hummer H2 your best option?
Each scrape is different, and the best equipment for the job will reflect this. We only recommend two different paint products when using Hummer touch up paint:
- Hummer Spray Paint Can
- Hummer Paint Jars
Hummer spray canisters are an excellent option for H1, H2, and H3 models. They provide an ideal color match and are great for big scratches. If the damage is substantial, you may need multiple cans. We stock the larger 12oz can rather than the 10oz to provide you with better value and lower the cost of the repairs. Our best-selling colors include 2008 Hummer H3x Sonoma Red Metallic touch up spray paint.
If the scrape is the size of a coin, we recommend using Hummer paint jars. These come with numerous applicators that allow you to be very precise, which makes them perfect for damage that requires a lot of detail.
Despite their popularity, we don’t believe that some paint products offer a great finish and therefore we don’t stock them, this includes:
- Hummer Touch Up Paint Pens
Our professional-grade paint means you can restore your Hummer to its former glory and get that shine back into the color. However, paint pens don’t provide an exceptional finish. For metallic paint like 2008 Hummer H3x dupli-color Sonoma Red Metallic touch up spray paint, the pens don’t align the colors well, and paint applied in this way is then prone to flaking.
What will I need to fix my Hummer at home?
You can save a lot of money doing the repairs yourself. It is also highly rewarding to take on the task and do it at home. While the steps aren’t complicated, we do recommend getting the right equipment for the job to guarantee a good finish. For the best results, you will need:
- Primer – to complete the initial stage of the Hummer touch up paint process
- Pick a spray can or a paint jar – to apply your OEM touch up paint
- Clear Coat – which is used in the final stage of the procedure
- Wax and grease cleaner – to remove any dirt and ready the area for painting
- Soap and water – to use alongside the cleaner
- Sandpaper – 320 grit and 600 grit to even out the area
- Masking tape – to prevent touch up paint from affecting the other paintwork
- A towel – to shine your car and mop up spills
- Nitrile Gloves – to keep your hands protected
We sell touch up paint kits that contain all of the items above in a single bundle that works out to be a better value than buying them on their own. However, if you already have some of the items, you can buy the rest separately.
What repairs can you do yourself?
Fixing up your Hummer can be an intimidating prospect if you haven’t got a lot of experience or have never done it before. It’s essential not to make any small issues worse, so make sure you understand your limits. Taking on too big a task could result in even more costs. Our list below highlights things you should and shouldn’t attempt yourself.
- Glass repair – there are home repair injection kits that make fixing cracks in your windows secure. It is crucial to fix the crack before it spreads across the pane of glass. However, for complete window pane removal, it is better to go to the professionals as they have the correct heavy-duty equipment.
- Repairing paintwork is a breeze, and the Hummer touch up paint process can be done by someone with no experience at all.
- Bodywork – fixing minor dents on parts of your Hummer that are out of shape can be done at home. However, you may need to purchase some specific equipment. If entire panels are bent out of shape, then we recommend going to the professionals.
Before you decide to take on any repairs, remember that aside from screen cracks and paint touch-ups, a lot of damage will likely require some specialist equipment. We recommend estimating the total cost of everything before starting and weighing up the pros and cons of money, time, and quality.
How much does a visit to the body shop cost?
Whether it’s a large scratch or an entire panel of your Hummer that has been damaged, a trip to the body shop is sometimes inevitable. Usually, touch up paintwork, and minor dents can be dealt with at home, but anything more serious will require the professionals because they have the tools necessary to get the job done. We’ve created a list of frequent repairs and their approximate cost using our touch up paint compared to going to a professional service.
|REPAIR||ERA PAINTS||BODY SHOP|
|Rock Chips||$40 to $100||$150 to $900|
|Scratches on your bumper||$40 to $100||$450|
|Minor key scratches||$40 to $100||$150 to $300|
|Medium-sized scratch||$40 to $100||$150 to $400|
Few suppliers produce high-quality paint good enough to restore your Hummer to its original factory finish. Our Hummer touch up paint is the same stuff used by the professionals, but we offer it at a better value, and all orders come with free delivery.
Providing the best information available to our customers is important to us. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to complete the Hummer touch up paint process yourself. Just remember always to read the instructions that come with the paint and avoid products like the touch up paint pen for 03 Hummer H2. If you require any other assistance with the process, give us a call, take a look at our video library or FAQ section on our website.
We pride ourselves on quality products, competitive prices and outstanding customer satisfaction.
If you are more interested in ERA Paints and our strive for vehicle care, follow us on our social media: