Select your isuzu model
Select your isuzu year
isuzu paint code
DISCOVER HOW TO COMPLETE THE ISUZU TOUCH UP PAINT PROCESS AND GET A PERFECT FINISH
Our Isuzu paint matching system makes repairing your vehicle with Isuzu touch up paint, a simple and hassle-free process.
Repair your Isuzu with our OEM touch up paint to get an ideal color match for your Rodeo, D-Max, or Trooper.
Whether you need Isuzu red touch up paint, 2001 Isuzu trooper touch up paint, or Isuzu white touch up paint, we have what you are looking for. In this article, we outline the steps necessary to repair any scratches or scrapes on your Isuzu. You can also find information on the equipment you need and other Isuzu related information.
Has your Isuzu Rodeo been scratched in the parking lot? Need to repair a scrape on your D-Max? Or are you in need of 2001 Isuzu trooper touch up paint? With our professional grade Isuzu touch up paint, you can get an outstanding finish every time and make your car shine once again. Our colors are factory matched Isuzu auto paints, and we also offer free shipping with every order.
In this article, we aim to provide information on all aspects of the Isuzu touch up paint repair process so you can do the Isuzu paintwork repair at home. This guide includes:
- Where is the Isuzu Paint code located?
- How to use Isuzu touch up paint
- What paint products do you need to paint your Isuzu at home?
- What will I need to repair my Isuzu?
- What causes scrapes and scratches on Isuzu’s?
- How long does it take to complete the Isuzu touch up paint process?
If you need any additional information, we have a library of YouTube videos that detail the process step-by-step. Our staff are also available to help and can provide you with more detailed guidance.
Where is the Isuzu Paint code located?
The paint code for your Isuzu can be found on the manufacturer’s sticker, it is usually silver, white or black and will also have the VIN written on it. The label will be in different places, depending on the model and year of your Isuzu. However, to find it:
- Go to the door on the driver’s side, open it and then look on the door jamb
- Go to the front of the car, then open the hood
- Look on the core supports on either side and check along the firewall
- Check in the glove box
Isuzu paint codes are usually three or four digits long and may be composed of numbers and letters.
An example code is: 743
The code above represents Spruce Green Mica. Other examples include 802 Copper Orange Metallic. Once you find the tag, the code will be next to the “COLOR/ TRIM heading and from there, ordering the paint online is easy. We stock all Isuzu colors, and you also get free delivery on your order.
If you can’t find code in the spots above you have a few options available:
- Give us a call at 971-770-2372, and with a few pieces of information, our staff can help find it. Our lines are open from 8 am until 2 pm PST Monday to Saturday.
- Use our online color selector tool, which takes the make, model, and year of your vehicle and gives you some options.
- Contact the previous owner or dealer, and they may have the information.
- Or you can send us an email at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com.
How to use Isuzu touch up paint
Whether you are trying to repair your vehicle with 2000 Isuzu Trooper touch up paint or just find touch up paint for an Isuzu trooper, doing it yourself means you can save on expensive repair shops. The touch-up process is relatively painless, and you can have your Rodeo or D-Max looking great again in just a few hours.
Before you start, test your spray canister or applicator to get an idea of how it handles. It is best to avoid out of date paint or primer as it can result in suboptimal results. Also, make sure to use the nozzle that comes with the canister, as our nozzles, like most others, are made specifically for our paint.
Below are the essential steps to fix your car using Isuzu red touch up paint or any other color. Be sure to completely read the instructions included in your shipment for the best paint project. We recommend checking the weather before you begin because the best painting conditions are around 70°F, and you should try and avoid working in direct sunlight.
Preparing the scratch
- Clean the area with water and then use wax and grease remover.
- Sand the scrape with 320 and 600 grit sandpaper. It smoothes the area and removes potential rust.
- Rewash the vehicle to remove any debris
- Put masking tape around the scape. This protects the rest of the vehicle’s paint from the process.
Apply the paint
- Apply the primer. This is the first stage of the process and helps the paint bond to the body. Put it on in thin layers to achieve a great finish. Allow it to dry for around ten minutes before applying again.
- Apply the Isuzu OEM touch up paint, doing so in thin layers. Wait ten minutes between each coat. If the color is in line with the paint around it, the job is done.
- Lastly, put on the clear coat. This seals the rest of your work and protects it. Like the other stages, apply in thin layers.
- Allow your vehicle to dry overnight.
Apply rubbing compounds
- Make sure to wait three days before using any rubbing compounds. They are great for bringing that additional shine back to your Isuzu.
- Stick to cotton or paper products to apply cutting cream as this helps to avoid small scratches.
We recommend checking the instructions that come with the specific color and paint product you have purchased before starting. Our YouTube channel has in-depth videos that go through each stage above in far more detail. Alternatively, our FAQ section is a great resource to find out what others have asked in the past. For anything else, give us a call, and we can provide more information.
What paint products do you need to paint your Isuzu at home?
There are three paint product options for repairing your Isuzu:
- Isuzu Paint Pens
- Isuzu Paint Jars with applicators
- Isuzu 12 oz. Spray Canisters
Our main aim is to provide exceptional quality and service to our customers. Regardless of whether you need Isuzu D’ Max touch up paint or touch up paint for an Isuzu Trooper, our paint is perfectly matched and provides an original factory finish.
In pursuit of maintaining our high standards, we do not stock Isuzu paint pens as they do not provide the level of quality we have come to expect. For metallic and pearl colored vehicles, paint pens can be particularly problematic. The paint ends up flaking and means the process has to be repeated or taken to a professional.
For larger scrapes, we think the 12 oz spray canisters are your best option. With the additional trigger, they are easy to use and are perfect for most types of damage. If you have a reasonably significant scratch, you should choose the canisters.
We also recommend paint jars, and they come with small applicator sticks, which make them great for minor scratches. They allow you to take your time and get the level of detail that is needed.
What will I need to repair my Isuzu?
With the money you save avoiding a trip to the body shop, we wholeheartedly recommend getting the right tools. It makes the task far less intimidating and results in an exceptional finish. Whether you’re using 1999 Isuzu Rodeo Silver touch up paint or need touch up paint for 2001 Isuzu Trooper Moonlight Grey, the products you need are the same.
Check out our list below for the equipment that we recommend:
- Wax and grease remover for cleaning
- 320 and 600 grit sandpaper for smoothing out the scratch and improving the finish
- Masking tape to cordon off the scrape and prevent damage to the rest of your paintwork
- A towel to keep the vehicle clean and wipe it down
- Primer to help the OEM touch up paint bond to the vehicle
- Isuzu touch up paint in either the 12oz cans or paint jars, depending on the size of the damage
- Clear coat to seal off your hard work and protect the paint from external damage
- Optional: Cutting cream to provide an additional shine once everything is dry
- Nitrile gloves to keep your hands safe
We often get asked, where can I buy touch up paint for my Isuzu Rodeo 2000? Well, we stock all of the items above in paint kits. It means you don’t have to search far and wide for everything you need. We do sell everything separately, but the touch-up paint kits offer better value.
What causes scrapes and scratches on Isuzu’s?
If you go to a professional, repairing the chips and scratches on your vehicle can end up costing a small fortune. It’s never great to discover a scrape on your brand new Isuzu Trooper or Rodeo, but even if you are extra careful, it can be unavoidable. If you are someone who tends to keep their vehicle for an extended period, a scratch can be inevitable. We’ve listed some of the most common causes of scratches to help you try and avoid them.
- Poor cleaning – Dirty sponges and cloths can be a leading cause of scratches on vehicles. Over time dirt builds up, and if not cleaned correctly, it can scratch the paintwork on your Isuzu.
- Automatic Car Wash – Despite being convenient and fast, car washes are not your best option, and depending on the materials they use, can cause damage. Make sure to check what materials your auto car wash uses, or to be safe wash it by hand.
- Debris – Depending on the quality of the roads where you live, the amount of debris can vary significantly from place to place. At the same time, it is almost impossible to avoid potholes and bumpy roads to protect your Isuzu.
- Fuel – You’ll see the ground at the gas station littered with minor fuel spills. If gas gets on your car, it can make the paint peel and fade, so wipe it off quickly if any comes in contact with the paintwork of your vehicle.
There are no foolproof ways to prevent damage to your paintwork, but by being cautious and knowing the most common causes, hopefully, you can limit the damage.
How long does it take to complete the Isuzu touch up paint process?
Completing the repair work yourself has a lot of benefits. As well as saving you a lot of money, and learning a new skill, the key benefit is the amount of time you save. You don’t have to rearrange your schedule and can do everything on your own time. See the list below for a rough time estimate.
- Preparation – Time: 15 minutes
- Sanding – Time: 25 minutes
- Cleaning – Time: 10 minutes
- Primer Application – Time: 5 minutes per coat. Roughly an hour of dry time.
- Isuzu touch up paint application -Time: 5 minutes per coat. Roughly 40 minutes of dry time.
- Apply the Clear coat – Time: 5 minutes per coat. Thirty minutes of dry time.
- Post-application dry time – Total time: 24 hours.
Depending on the weather, the amount of time you need to dry your vehicle will vary. Make sure not to use rubbing compounds for several days.
Whether you need 2001 Isuzu Trooper touch up paint or Isuzu White touch up paint to repair your vehicle, our paint is the same stuff the professionals use. So, utilize our library of videos and frequently asked questions to guide you throughout the process or give us a call. Don’t delay, get your Isuzu back to its original factory finish in no time.