Select your Maserati model
Select your Maserati year
Maserati paint code
Still need help? Call us at 971-770-2372 or email us at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com
Use our color matching system to order your Maserati touch up paint
All our paints at ERA are excellent quality and will ensure your Maserati has a flawless factory finish.
Our aim, at ERA Paints, is to make sure that our customers have all the tools and information they need to undertake car touch up paint repair jobs at home. We work hard to make sure you’ll get a great finish on your Maserati Ghibli, Maserati SUV, or Maserati Granturismo. You’ll find Maserati OEM touch-up paint and all the other tools you need on our website.
When you use ERA’s products, you’ll be using the same Maserati OEM touch up paint that would be used if you put your Maserati Levante into an auto repair shop. All our stock is premium quality, so you know that you’ll be repairing your Maserati with excellent products when you purchase with us. As an added benefit, we also never add shipping costs to anything you are buying.
In this article, we’ll take a look at:
- Where to find the paint codes for your Maserati
- The stages of applying Maserati OEM touch up paint
- The Maserati touch up paint products required for a DIY job
- The tools and equipment you’ll need to get a great finish
Where to find the paint codes for your Maserati
It should be possible to locate your Maserati paint codes yourself. Getting the correct paint codes is vital in order to get your Maserati Quattroporte back to its original factory finish
- Open your vehicle’s hood to check underneath, close to the firewall on the driver’s side.
- If you can’t locate it here, take a look under the rest of the hood.
If you haven’t located your Maserati paint code after looking in the places above, you can also do the following.
- Contact the previous owner to see if they have any helpful information about the paint codes.
- Use our website’s online paint color finder. Just input the year of your Maserati and the model and wait for the result.
- You can also call us between 6:30 am and 2:30 pm Monday to Friday or between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm most Saturdays. Please phone us at 971-770-2372, and one of our helpful team will be there to answer your queries between these times.
- You could also email us at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com, and respond with the information you’ve requested as soon as possible.
The stages of applying Maserati OEM touch up paint
Perhaps you own a Maserati Ghibli, or a Maserati SUV or another of the Maserati models. Whichever Maserati you own, you’ll need to follow the same process to ensure you get a great finish using our Maserati touch up paint.
Ensuring you have the right conditions
It’s crucial to ensure you’re repairing your Maserati paintwork when the temperature is 70 degrees Fahrenheit or warmer. You must also make sure you’ve read and understood all the paint packaging instructions before you make a start.
Preparing and washing your Maserati
- Step one is to soak and wash the damaged area of your Maserati with soap and water.
- Next, you’ll need to sand down the damaged area until it’s smooth. 600 or 320 grit sandpaper is recommended for the job.
- Use the grease remover to rewash the Maserati to wipe away any residue and grit from your sanding.
- After these stages, leave your Maserati to dry.
- Once the vehicle has dried, use masking tape to tape around the damage. This makes sure the rest of the car is protected.
Applying the Maserati OEM touch up paint
- Before you apply the paint, you will need to use three coats primer (allowing it to dry for a quarter of an hour after each coat that is applied). Once the three layers are done, allow the whole area to dry for 30 minutes.
- Now use the Maserati touch up paint. Layer the paint so that it aligns with the current paintwork. Once again, you’ll need to let the paint dry for 15 minutes after each of the layers.
- To protect and seal the Maserati touch up paint, apply at least three layers of clear coat.
- The last stage is to allow your Maserati touch up paint to dry by leaving your vehicle overnight.
This was a simple step-by-guide to help you through the process, but we have more in-depth guides on our blog and video demonstrations on our YouTube channel to give you even more information. Of course, you can also call into our customer helpline, and one of the ERA Paints team will be pleased to talk through the Maserati touch up paint process.
The Maserati touch up paint products you’ll need
Whether you own a Maserati Granturismo, Maserati Levante, or Maserati Quattroporte, you’ll have three paint products to choose from. Which product is most appropriate will depend on the severity and scale of the damage to your Maserati’s paintwork. The options are:
- Maserati touch up paint pens
- Maserati touch up paint bottles
- Maserati spray canisters
Though many customers enquire about paint pens, unfortunately, they won’t require a great finish for your Maserati touch up paint job. Paint pens don’t give a perfect manufacturer’s match, and they also don’t apply metallic colors very successfully (flaking paint is a common issue). Due to these problems, ERA Paints do not stock or sell any paint pens. We believe firmly in premium quality and expect this from all our products. Sadly, paint pens aren’t up to our standards.
Instead, we highly recommend repairing the scratches to your Maserati car with Maserati spray paint canisters. These can be used to fix paintwork that has been damaged on a Maserati Levante or Maserati Ghibli or any of the other Maserati models. At ERA Paints, we supply 12-oz Maserati spray cans that can give the ideal color match and fantastic coverage needed to get your Maserati paintwork back to a flawless factory finish. You can also purchase a trigger if you wish, which helps a lot with paint application.
Alternatively, if the damage to your Maserati’s paintwork is small (coin-sized or smaller), it’s a great idea to use Maserati touch up paint bottles. We suggest the bottles because an applicator is included with a product that gives you lots of control to add precise layers of paint.
The tools and equipment you’ll need to get a great finish
If you’re aiming to get an original factory finish on your Maserati Granturismo or Maserati Ghibli, you should plan to have the correct tools to hand. We suggest that you have the following when you start your Maserati touch up paint repair:
- A towel to keep everything (including yourself) clean.
- Nitrile gloves to ensure your hands are protected.
- Grease and wax remover to effectively clean your Maserati before you start applying the paint.
- Masking tape to shield the area surrounding the damage.
- Sandpaper (320 and 600 grit) to smooth down the damage.
- Primer to prepare your Maserati before applying the paint.
- Maserati touch up paint.
- Clear coat safeguard and seal the new repair.
You can get everything listed above in our Maserati touch up paint kits, which we’ve assembled to allow you to complete your repair job easily at home. You can buy all these products individually too, but it’s more cost-efficient to buy them together in a kit.
At ERA Paints, we firmly believe that our selection of Maserati OEM touch up paint, tools, and guides makes paint repair work simple, even for beginners. You don’t need to pay an auto body shop to fix your vehicle when you can get your Maserati looking brand new yourself.