Order Opel touch up paint using our website’s easy-to-use color matching tool.
ERA Paint’s products are top quality and will give your Opel an original factory finish.
At ERA, we work hard to ensure that our customers have everything that’s needed to complete car touch up paint repair work at home. For a great finish for your Opel Insignia or Opel Corsa, you’ll find Opel touch up paint and everything else you’ll need to get a perfect manufacturer’s match at ERA Paints, with no need to spend money at an auto body shop.
We stock the same Opel touch up paint that is used by professionals. When you use ERA Paints products, you can be completely assured that your Opel GT, Open Astra, or Opel Mantra are being treated with premium quality products. In addition to this, everything you buy with ERA Paints has no added shipping costs.
In this article, we’ll be taking a look at:
- Where on your vehicle you can find your Opel paint codes
- How to apply Opel touch up paint
- The pros and cons of fixing your Opel paintwork yourself
- Which Opel touch up paint products you will need
- What tools are necessary to complete a top-quality Opel car paint repair
Browse through our library of video guides, available on our YouTube channel, and have a read of our how-to-articles for great guides on how to repair damage to your Opel car.
Where on your vehicle can you find your Opel paint codes?
It should be relatively simple to locate your Opel paint codes.
- Check the pillar located behind the door on the driver’s side or the pillar that’s behind the door on the passenger’s side.
- Lift the hood and check the panel that’s located in front of the radiator. The paint codes should be located on top of the panel.
For newer Opel vehicles (for example, the Opel Insignia, Opel Zafira, or Opel Astra J), you’ll be able to locate the paint code on the passenger side. For older Opel cars (for example, the Opel Corsa C, or Opel Vectra), you’ll find the paint code on the driver side of the vehicle.
If you’re uncertain about the correct Opel paint codes, you can also:
- Reach out to us by email at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com, and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
- Use our Opel touch up paint color finder by entering the year and model of your Opel.
- Reach us by phone on 971-770-2372. One of our team can answer your call between 6.30 am and 3.30 pm Monday through Friday, or from 8.00 am to 1:00 pm every Saturday.
- Another option is to speak to the previous owner of the Opel car, who might be able to tell you the Opel paint codes or where to find them.
This step of the process- getting the correct Open paint codes – is integral to repairing your Opel Mokka or Opel Kadett, so it’s back to its original factory finish.
How to apply Opel touch up paint
You might be the owner of an Opel Zafira or a 1972 Opel GT or any other Opel car. Regardless of the model, to make sure you get a great finish using Opel touch up paint, you’ll need to follow the same process that we’ll set out here.
Always make sure that you are undertaking the Opel touch up paint repair on a day that is 70 degrees Fahrenheit or warmer, and that you have read the instructions on the paint’s packaging before you begin.
Getting your Opel car washed and prepared
- Use soapy and water to wash the damaged area of your Opel car.
- Use 600 or 320 grit sandpaper to smooth and sand down the damage.
- Take some grease remover and use it to rewash the Opel car, making sure to get rid of any grit or residue leftover from the sanding process.
- Leave your Opel car to dry.
- Tape around the damage or scratch using masking tape. The taping will protect the rest of the car’s paintwork.
OEM Touch Up Paint – how do you apply it?
- First, you will need to apply three coats of primer, and the primer will need to dry for 15 minutes after each coat that is applied. After three layers, allow the area to dry for 30 minutes.
- Next, the Opel touch up paint itself will need to be applied. Apply enough so that it matches the current paintwork. Again, you will need to leave the paint to dry for 15 minutes after each layer.
- Then the clear coat will need to be applied. Three layers are the minimum recommended to ensure that the Opel touch up paint is sealed and protected.
- Finally, you’ll need to allow the Opel touch up paint to dry, so leave your car until the next day.
You can also get more in-depth guides and demonstrations on our blog and YouTube channel, or you can call into one of our ERA Paints team who will be more than happy to talk through the touch up paint process with you.
What Opel touch up paint products you will need
Vehicle owners looking to repair their Opel car’s paint damage generally have three products that they can choose from, though the product that is most appropriate for the task will be heavily dependent on the scale of the damage. The options, generally, are:
- Opel touch up paint pens
- Opel spray paint canisters
- Opel touch up paint bottles
Many customers are curious about paint pens. Unfortunately, these won’t provide our customers with a great finish as they do not effectively apply metallic colors (flaking paint is common) and will not give a perfect manufacturer’s match. At ERA, we firmly believe that premium quality is of premium importance. Touch up paint pens just do not provide customers with the great finish that we require in our touch up paint products. For this reason, we do not stock paint pens or have them available for customers to purchase.
We strongly recommend repairing damage to your Opel car with an Opel spray paint canister. This can be used for damaged paintwork on an Opel Blitz or an Opel Speedster or any other Opel model. At ERA, our 12-ounce Opel spray cans will give the ideal color match that your Opel car needs as well as excellent paint coverage. You can also choose to purchase a trigger, which helps make the paint application easier.
When the damaged area of paint is only coin-sized or small, we suggest using Opel touch up paint bottles. The applicator included in this product allows detailed layers of paint application as you have extra control.
What tools are necessary to complete a top-quality Opel car paint repair?
When you’re looking to get an original factory finish when fixing the paintwork of your Opel Insignia or Opel Zafira, having the right tools is vital. We advise you to have the following to hand when undertaking your Opel touch up paint repair:
- A towel – so you can keep the vehicle, your workspace, and yourself clean.
- Nitrile gloves – so you can keep your hands protected from chemicals.
- Wax and grease remover – so you can thoroughly clean and repair your Opel car before undertaking the repair.
- Masking tape- so you can protect the paintwork surrounding the damage.
- 320 and 600 grit sandpaper – so you can smooth out the scratches, scrapes, and damage before completing the repair.
- Primer – so you can prepare your Opel for the touch up paintwork.
- Opel touch up paint (spray paint or touch up bottles) – so you can complete the repair.
- Clear coat- so you can seal the touch up paint and keep it protected from the elements.
These products all make up our Opel touch up paint kits, which we’ve put together so that you can complete your own Opel touch up paint repair job at home as easily as possible. Of course, you can buy each of these products separately too, but it’s more efficient cost-wise to get them bundled together in our kit.
At ERA Paints, we think that our great selection of Opel touch up paint, tools, and guides mean that undertaking a repair to your Opel car’s paintwork is simple, even for beginners. It’s not necessary to spend your money at an auto body shop! Visit our website and have your Opel Astra, Opel Corsa, or Opel Manta back to its flawless factory finish in no time.