Select your pontiac model
Select your pontiac year
ACHIEVE A FLAWLESS FACTORY FINISH WITH OUR PONTIAC TOUCH UP PAINT ON ALL PONTIAC MODELS
Our matching software will ensure you get the correct Pontiac paint for your vehicle, whether it’s for old Pontiac cars or new.
If it is for your Black Pontiac G6 or a 2005 Pontiac Torrent, your Pontiac paint is just a click away
If you are searching for Pontiac Black touch up paint, Pontiac paint codes, or Pontiac car names, we have the information you need. With our Pontiac touch up paint guide fixing scrapes and dings on your vehicles is straightforward, even if you have limited auto experience.
Whether it’s for old Pontiac cars, a 2007 Pontiac G6 Silver, or a Silver Grand AM, our industry-leading automotive touch up paint kits can help you complete the repairs from the comfort of your own home and avoid going to an expensive body shop.
Our precision-matched OEM paint is the best in the business. It is excellent for big and small scratches and will restore your Pontiac to its former glory. To provide exceptional value, we offer free shipping with every purchase.
You’ll find a variety of information in this Pontiac touch up paint guide.
- Where can you find Pontiac paint codes?
- How to repair scratches using Pontiac touch up paint
- The best Pontiac paint products to use
- Which supplies do you need for the Pontiac touch up paint process?
- Will fixing scratches increase the resale value of your Pontiac?
- What Pontiac color is the easiest to maintain?
If you feel there is something we have missed or you need more information on a particular topic, feel free to give us a call. If you need more detailed information on the Pontiac touch up paint process, please check out our YouTube page, which has a library of how-to videos. Alternatively, take a look at our FAQ section which covers many subjects.
Where can you find your Pontiac paint code?
Locating your Pontiac paint code is a relatively simple process. The Pontiac paint codes can be found on the Service Parts Identification sticker, which is usually white, silver, or black.
Pontiac has been around for a long time, and depending on the year and model, the sticker will be in different places. However, you should be able to find it in one of the spots below. To find the Pontiac paint codes:
- Go to the front of the car and open the passenger side door. Check in the glove box and the middle console.
- On the driver’s side, check on the door panel
- Also, check on the driver’s side door jamb
- Walk to the back of your Pontiac and check-in your trunk. It is usually on the right or left-hand side.
- Check on the trunk lid. Be sure to look all the way along.
Pontiac paint codes are composed of numbers and letters. The number of digits can depend on the model of the vehicle, and often Pontiac paint may be represented by a variety of different codes.
An example code is: WA519F
The code above represents the color Galaxy Silver Metallic, which is popular on the 2009 Pontiac Solstice. However, the code may also be written as just 519F. The code may also be prefixed with “BC/CC,” which stands for basecoat and clearcoat, or “U,” but these can be ignored.
After locating your Pontiac paint code, take a note of it and simply order it from our online store to get free shipping. We are known for our expert matching technology, and professional-grade Pontiac touch up, so you’ll get the quality that is associated with the Pontiac brand.
If you are having trouble locating the manufacturer’s sticker and don’t know your Pontiac paint codes, you can:
- Use our online database to find your color codes
- Give us a call at 971-770-2372 from 8:00 am till 2:00 pm PST throughout the week and on most Saturdays.
- Send our friendly staff an email at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com
- Contact the previous owner or dealer who may be able to help you with the information
How to repair scratches using Pontiac touch up paint
Whether it’s for your Red Pontiac Torrent, your 2007 Pontiac G6 Silver, or your 2007 Pontiac G6 Black the painting process is the same, and you can do it yourself.
Completing the work yourself will make the repairs cheaper and also save you time and hassle. Doing it yourself means you get to work things around your schedule and avoid multiple trips to a body shop.
The points below outline the Pontiac touch up paint process. To achieve an original factory finish, try and follow the steps below as carefully as possible. Thoroughly read application instructions included in your shipment.
You need to complete the process during good weather. The temperature should be at around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, you may need to wait longer for the vehicle to dry if it is less.
- Clean the affected area with water and grease remover
- Sand the affected area. 320 & 600 grit sandpaper delivers the best results and smoothes out the scrapes
- Reclean the area
- Put automotive masking tape around the affected area. This protects it from the application process
- Dry for 30 minutes
- Next, put on the primer. Apply it in thin layers. Spray two to three coats. Waiting five minutes between each
- Dry for 30 minutes
- Now spray or manually apply the Pontiac touch up paint. Like the primer, do it in several thin coats
- Make sure the application is level with the paint area around it
- Dry for a couple of hours
- Spray clear coat to seal everything. Use several layers and wait ten minutes between each
For more detailed instructions on the outline above, check out our YouTube videos, which break down the process step by step. Or feel free to give our experts a call, and they can guide you over the phone.
The best Pontiac paint products to use
The product that will deliver the best results on your Pontiac will depend on the size of damage to the paintwork. At ERA Paints, we offer a variety of Pontiac touch up paint products.
- Pontiac spray paint
- Pontiac paint jars
- Pontiac touch up pens
We want to provide our customers with exceptional products that deliver great results when spraying 1978 Trans AM colors or even Gold Automotive paint. In light of this, we don’t sell Pontiac touch up paint pens. They don’t offer a great finish like the other products we stock. For metallic colors, like Inferno Orange Metallic or Merlot Jewel Metallic, the paint from the pen tends to flake and results in an inconsistent finish.
Our 12oz spray paint cans are great for vehicles with large scrapes. You can purchase a trigger, which makes them even easier to use. For substantial damage, you may need multiple canisters. We stock 12-ounce cans because they provide you with greater value than 10-ounce cartridges.
For tiny scrapes and chips, the Pontiac paint jars which come with applicators are your best bet. They’ll easily take care of those rock chips and door dings. If you don’t know which product is the best to use in your circumstances, give us a call, and we can provide you some guidance.
Which supplies do you need for the Pontiac touch up paint process?
Getting the right supplies for the job is half the battle when completing touchups. Whether it’s your Black Pontiac or Silver Pontiac, getting a flawless factory finish depends on you getting the right equipment, we recommend purchasing:
- Primer is put on before the paint and prepares the vehicle for the OEM touch up paint
- Pontiac touch up paint in either the spray or jar variety
- Clear coat is applied at the end and seals the touch-up paint
- Wax & Grease cleaner used in conjunction with soap and water to clean the car
- The sandpaper makes sure the affected area is smooth. It helps to improve the finish
- Automotive masking tape protects the rest of the vehicle during painting
- A towel to clean up any spills and shine the vehicle
- Gloves to protect your hands throughout
To simplify the process for our customers, we stock all of the necessary equipment in Pontiac touch up paint kits. These work out to be more cost-effective than buying each of the items separately. However, if you only need a few of the things above, we do sell everything individually.
Will fixing scratches increase the resale value of your Pontiac?
Whether you’re trying to sell a 2006 Pontiac G6 Black or a 2009 Pontiac Solstice leaving the paintwork of your vehicle damaged is going to affect the value.
A visual inspection is the first thing that most people do when buying a car. A quick walk around the vehicle gives the buyer a good sense of its condition. Scratches and scrapes stand out like a sore thumb and immediately put the buyer in a defensive position. Often they will begin asking themselves how much money they can knock off the asking price. Other buyers see paintwork or body damage and avoid buying at all.
If you don’t repair the damaged paintwork, the buyer will have to. Unless they are well versed in automotive repairs, they won’t know how much the repairs will cost. They will look to subtract the expected cost of the price of the car. Either fix the vehicle beforehand or get a written quote from a local repair shop so that you don’t end up conceding too much on price.
You will end up getting less money for your Pontiac if you don’t repair the damaged paintwork. So, use our Pontiac touch up paint and get your vehicle shining again to maximize the sale price.
What Pontiac color is the easiest to maintain?
Having to pay out of pocket unexpectedly for your Pontiac can be a major inconvenience, particularly if your vehicle is new. The improvements in paint technology have lowered the likelihood that you will have to get your Pontiac paintwork repaired. However, some colors are far easier to maintain than others.
So, if you don’t want to spend all of your time washing your Pontiac or having to repeatedly fix small blemishes that stand out due to the color, then choosing a color that is easy to maintain is essential.
The easiest colors to maintain are:
- Colors that don’t require much maintenance throughout their lifetime include white and silver. White is great for hiding minor scrapes or dust.
- Generally speaking, lighter colors and solid colors are the easiest to maintain. Blemishes show up far less, and if there is any damage, they are easy to repair.
- Metallic paint is hard to take care of. Matching metallic paint requires finding the ideal color match and also matching the pattern of the metallic flakes. Incorrectly matching the flakes leads to color differences.
- Scratches, scrapes, and dirt can be easy to spot on darker colors, like black.
Opt for a Pontiac color that you like. But consider that lighter vehicles do not require the same level of maintenance that metallic colors do.
Fixing up your Pontiac can be a gratifying experience and save you a lot of money. With the right tools and knowledge, you can have your vehicle back to its original factory finish in no time. So, don’t wait to order your Pontiac touch up paint today and get free shipping.