Get your ideal Rolls Royce touch up paint with our easy-to-use online color match system.
Our Rolls Royce touch up paint is high-quality and gives an original factory finish.
At ERA Paints, we aim to provide our customers with everything they need to undertake a touch up paint repair job at home without a trip to an unaffordable auto body repair shop. From OEM touch up paint for your Rolls Royce Ghost to a perfect manufacturer’s match for your Rolls Royce Sweptail, you can find everything you need at ERA Paints.
We use the same touch-up paint as professionals, so you can rest easy knowing that your Rolls Royce is being treated with premium quality products. Also, all purchases made with ERA Paints have free shipping.
In this article, we will set out:
- Where you can find your Rolls Royce paint code
- The Rolls Royce touch up paint application method
- How long it takes to complete a touch up paint repair
- The Rolls Royce paint products you need
- Which tools should you buy to repair your Rolls Royce?
See our many video guides on our YouTube channel, and read our how-to-articles for the ultimate guides on how to fix any scratches on your Rolls Royce paint.
Where you can find your Rolls Royce paint code
Your Rolls Royce paint codes should be reasonably simple to locate.
- Open the hood of the Rolls Royce
- Locate the engine bay
- Find the paint code close to the hinges
Rolls Royce paint codes are comprised of four numbers or letters. An example includes WR78, which represents Smokey Quartz.
If you’re having trouble finding the code after following these instructions you can always:
- Give us a call at 971-770-2372. Our expert staff will be here to answer your call between 6:30 am and 2:00 pm PST on weekdays.
- Drop us an email at CustomerService@ERAPaints.com, and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Contact the last owner who may have details on the paint code location.
Locating your Rolls Royce paint code is a crucial part of getting your vehicle back to its original factory finish.
The Rolls Royce touch up paint application method
To get a flawless factory finish, you’ll need to follow the same method, whether you own a Rolls Royce Wraith, Rolls Royce Phantom, or Rolls Royce Dawn.
Always ensure you paint when the temperature is higher than 70 degrees F and that you have read the instructions on the paint before you begin.
Getting everything prepared and clean
- Wash your Rolls Royce – use soapy water to clean the area that has been scratched.
- Sand the damaged area- 600 and 320 grit sandpaper- are excellent for sanding out your Rolls Royce’s scratches.
- Reclean, your Rolls Royce, and get rid of any grit or residue left after sanding by using grease remover.
- Allow your Rolls Royce to dry.
- Use masking tape – tape around the scratch area to ensure the rest of the Rolls Royce paint is protected.
OEM Touch Up Paint application process
- Apply the primer – three light coats will need to be applied, and you will need to wait up to fifteen minutes between each application. Then let it dry for half an hour.
- Use the touch up paint – using the surrounding area of the Rolls Royce paint as a reference, apply the touch up paint so that it aligns with the rest of the original color. Allow the paint to dry for a quarter of an hour between each coat.
- Use the clear coat – apply a minimum of three thin coats of clear coat to seal the touch up paint.
- Leave your Rolls Royce until the next day to allow the paint to dry.
For more detailed instructions, see our YouTube channel and blog, or you can call one of our helpful expert staff who will be glad to assist you.
How long it takes to complete a touch up paint repair
This depends on many factors; mainly how bad the damage is.
- Scratches to the clear coat of a Rolls Royce are quickest to fix because only the first layer has been damaged, and sanding and applying paint isn’t necessary. This should take around an hour, including cleaning.
- Scratches to the paint layers of a Rolls Royce will take longer to rectify as the whole touch up paint process will need to be completed. This method should take around 3 to 4 hours and will need to be left ove
The Rolls Royce paint products you need
Generally speaking, there are three product options you can choose from to fix your Rolls Royce. The product most suited for the work needed will depend on the severity of the damage to the paint. The three options are:
- Rolls Royce touch up spray canister
- Rolls Royce touch up paint pens
- Rolls Royce touch up paint bottle
We receive many inquiries about paint pens. At ERA Paints, we think that premium quality comes first. We will only sell top quality products to our customers. Unfortunately, paint pens do not give the great finish we require from the products we sell. Paint pens do not adequately apply metallic colors (the paint will flake), and they do not offer the perfect manufacturer’s match that comes as standard with our products.
We suggest completing repairs with a spray canister for Rolls Royce Cullinan and all other Rolls Royce model paint fixes. We offer 12oz spray cans that give excellent coverage and an ideal color match. A trigger is also available for purchase to help make the application of paint as easy as possible.
Where the scratch is the size of a coin or smaller, we recommend using Rolls Royce touch up paint bottles. This product includes an applicator that lets you paint layer upon layer of touch up paint in detail and provides excellent control over the paint application.
Which tools should you buy to repair your Rolls Royce?
- Primer to prepare the vehicle for touch up paint
- Rolls Royce touch up paint
- Clear coat spray to act as a sealant
- Wax and grease remover for preparing and cleaning your Rolls Royce
- 600 and 320 grit sandpaper
- Masking tape to protect the surrounding area
- A towel
- Nitrile gloves to protect your hands
Everything above is included in the Rolls Royce touch up paint kit allowing you to do the job with as little difficulty as possible. All the items are available individually, but it’s better value to buy them in a bundle.
With our exhaustive selection of Rolls Royce colors and Rolls Royce paint codes, fixing scratches to your car yourself at home is as simple as can be. Avoid spending a lot of money at an auto body shop and get your Rolls Royce Phantom and Rolls Royce Wraith back to their original factory finish now.